Administered by the Texas Exes, this full-ride, merit-based scholarship provides outstanding new Longhorns with funding for tuition, a living stipend, a book stipend, and enrichment activities including global and professional experiences.
Who’s eligible to apply?
- High school seniors applying to The University of Texas at Austin
- Both in-state and out-of-state students are eligible, they must be a U.S citizen or permanent U.S. resident at the time of application.
- If they are applying to UT as a McCombs School of Business major, they must also apply to the Canfield Business Honors Program by November 1.
- Transfer and international students are not eligible to apply to the Forty Acres Scholars Program, but they are eligible for other Texas Exes scholarships.
How do students apply?
- Complete the online ApplyTexas or Coalition for College application for Fall 2021 freshman admission.
- Complete our Entering Freshman Scholarship application and complete the additional Forty Acres Scholars Program essay on the Texas Exes website.
- Preferred deadline: November 1 at 11:59 p.m. Central (applicants must also have met the UT admissions priority consideration deadline of November 1).
- Final deadline: December 1 at 11:59 p.m. Central (applicants must also meet the final admissions deadline of December 1).
What kind of students are we looking for?
Students who have the best chance of being invited to the Forty Acres Scholars Program Finalist Weekend:
- Are well-rounded individuals who distinguish themselves through a variety of leadership roles, extracurricular activities, and community service.
- Display intellectual curiosity and excel academically.
- Possess extraordinary intellectual ability and desire to use their ability to be catalysts for change in the world.
- Exemplify good citizenship and servant leadership.
- Possess distinguished social skills and interact easily with adults as well as peers.
Beyond the Forty Acres Scholars Program, the Texas Exes offers hundreds of other scholarships. We are the premier scholarship administrator for UT. During the 2020-21 school year, we have awarded more than $3.9 million to 700 students. To learn more, please visit texasexes.org/scholarships.