Acan families and youth can help aisd kids by donating or volunteering with ACPTA (Austin Council of PTAs)
奥斯汀华盟与ACPTA（PTA奥斯汀理事会）合作，支持他们的Austin Fun + Learning计划。我们鼓励我们的社区积极参加这个活动，支持AISD学区内underprivileged kids, 为我们的社区做出有意义的贡献。关于ACPTA，可以访问他们的网站：https://austincouncilpta.org/
这是一个秋季学期很好的义工服务项目，所以 我们特别鼓励青少年参加。他们可以把家里旧的、不用的books and/or new school supplies, games, puzzles or other learning activity kits 收拾起来，他们可以跟家长一起去donation site收集捐献的物资，整理，最后送到目的地。
Hugh Li – 华盟会长
Ed Wu – 华盟青少年理事
About this Event
ACAN is excited to partner with ACPTA, providing age appropriate books, games, puzzles, art and activity kits, and other learning supplies to AISD’s underprivileged kids remaining at home due to the pandemic.
There are two main ways that you can contribute. We particularly encourage our youth to participate in this effort. They can help sort out the old items they no longer need at home, take them to the donation site, or collect and deliver the donated items to the designated locations.
If you have gently used or new books and/or new school supplies, games, puzzles or other learning activity kits you’d like to donate, you can drop them off at any of our convenient Austin donation site locations listed below.
When you make a donation, please fill this form so that we can recognize your efforts! https://forms.gle/1zagyqziRyWY9Kh77
- North – Chinese Spice Seafood Restaurant, 9710 N. Lamar Blvd, Austin TX 78753
- Northwest – Daily Juice Cafe, 8620 Burnet Rd, Austin TX 78757
- Northwest – Daily Juice Cafe, 3720 Far West Blvd, Austin TX 78731
- Central West – Good Shepherd Episcopal, 3201 Windsor Rd, Austin TX 78703 – Parking Garage (enter off Exposition)
- Central West – Daily Juice Cafe, 3300 Bee Cave Rd, Austin TX 78746
- Central Downtown – The Monarch Apartments-Lobby, 801 W. 5th Street, Austin, TX 78703
- East – Mt. Zion Baptist Church, 2938 E. 13th St, Austin TX 78702
- South – Bridge at Sterling Springs Apartments-Leasing Office, 2809 W. William Cannon Dr, Austin TX 78745
ACPTA needs volunteers to collect donations, sort books from other supplies, and deliver donations for distribution. There are three steps involved in volunteering:
- Sign up to be a volunteer with the commitment that you will collect donated items 2-3 times per week from your assigned location(s). https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f094aaeac29aa8-acpta
- Sorting (books / non-books) and counting of donations, and submission of your weekly site donation details in a google form questionnaire at https://forms.gle/BLvWFqMet3m6i7Ls5
- Deliver books to BookSpring portable (2006 Greenbrook Pkwy, 78723) / Other non-book donations to Karin Foster’s front porch (7905 West Rim Drive, 78731) on Sunday night or Monday morning
Questions? Contact Karin Foster, ACPTA at 512-751-7085 or Ed Wu, ACAN at 512-695-3709